Saturday, January 24, 2015

Projects I'm working on. Lots of crafting and swappin' going on!

So I belong to a couple of online craft and gift swap groups. I signed up for a few recently to do a variety of different projects.

Artist trading cards, charms, an altered tin, and a gift box.

I figured that having specific projects with due dates would motivate me to be creative again.

I also got some new supplies to use. I finally got myself an electronic die cutting machine. I went with the Cricut Explore because I found it for a good price, and it seemed the easiest to use, based on my past experience with programs used to make cards and other printable projects. All I had to do was plug it in, set it up, and get working on a project. Later today I need to go back to the craft store and buy a little palette knife or similar tool to use to pick the small pieces off. I used it make a bunch of letters tonight and my fingernails are not up to the task of picking them off the sticky mat. I had been wanting an electronic die cutter for a long time but was not willing to spend the money on it until I was well and truly certain that I would actually use the thing enough to justify the expense.

I also need to get a refill for my Xyron so I can make the letters self-sticking, and not have to try and glue them down with a fine-tip adhesive pen. If they even make the refills for it. All I have is the tiny X shaped one. I may have a refill on hand, but when it's used up, that's it.

I'll post photos as I get things completed.

No comments:

Post a Comment