Monday, February 27, 2012

An observation on weight loss, body changes, and clothes.

Today was the first day I wore a pair of button fly jeans since the late 1990's.  First I thought: "No, that can't be right..."  But after going over it in my mind for a minute, I realized that it was absolutely right. For more than a decade, I only ever wore dresses, soft knit leggings, elastic waist stretchy jeans, and elastic waist skirts.

Between my having gotten so big, and the abdominal surgery I had leaving me with a very tender scar running down the entire length of the middle of my belly, comfort was my top priority and limited my choices quite a bit. But, at the size I am now, the skin on my abdomen isn't stretched out like it was, and my scar isn't tender at all anymore. I had one pair of "almost fitting" button fly jeans hanging in the back of my closet since last Summer and decided to try them on today. They fit perfectly, the front seam didn't dig in, and I was able to wear them all afternoon without any problems.

So, I ordered myself two more pair in the same size tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment