Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy 2012! And lots of stuff harvested from my garden this afternoon.



In the basket:  Globe basil, jalapeno peppers, poblano peppers, French radishes, thyme, Japanese eggplant (just one), green beans (just two), cucumbers, and oregano.

In front of the basket:  Purple and white kohlrabi and Meyer lemons.


Those were the absolute last of the peppers, green beans, and cucumbers from my 2011 garden. But for some reason, my Ichiban eggplant plants are making more eggplants. Aside from the one I picked today, there are about a half dozen baby eggplant still maturing. The herbs are just a trimming, plants are doing well. I still have several baby kohlrabis maturing as well as a few more radishes. The two  lemon trees each have about ten more lemons apiece

I pulled up everything that was done for the season, and am going to try and plant a few more things like chard, some more radishes, lettuce... stuff that grows well here in cool weather.  Maybe some more beets, I have the seeds still.

No comments:

Post a Comment